The silicone breast pump changing lives - The all-in-one silicone breast pump that provides the perfect no-fuss easy solution when you need to capture your liquid gold quickly and effortlessly. The first Australian designed and owned silicone breast pump.
- 150ml Milk Mate Silicone Breast Pump
- Silicone Stopper
- Dust Cap
Our silicone breast pump is made from 100% food grade silicone and provides quick and easy relief for engorged breasts or to capture let-down while your baby feeds on the opposite side.
When your little mate needs some Milk Mate our silicone breast pump can be used tandem whilst breastfeeding your baby to capture your liquid gold one drop at a time.
Our silicone breast pump has been independently tested and is a safe, non-toxic and eco-friendly breast pump that is the perfect compact travel companion.
We understand how precious your milk is so let Milk Mate make every drop count.
How does it work?
Our Milk Mate silicone breast pump gently suctions on to your breast allowing your milk to be captured in the collector while simultaneously breastfeeding your baby on the other side. Your milk can then be easily transferred to a storage container for later use. A few squeezes or a gentle massage may be needed initially to help trigger a let-down.
How to use your Milk Mate silicone breast pump
- Clean the silicone breast pump with warm soapy water then sterilise (our breast pump is also dishwasher safe).
- Fold flange back (that’s the part that suctions onto your breast)
- Gently squeeze the air out of the silicone breast pump and position over nipple.
- Release the flange and allow it to gently suction on to your breast.
- Massage your breast or apply a warm pack to help trigger your let-down. Remember to breath and relax.
- Capture your liquid gold.
- Store your milk below 4°C for later use or donate to a local Milk Bank.
Milk Mate silicone breast pump tips and tricks
Sometimes your milk just does not flow so we have a few tips and tricks to help capture your liquid gold using our breast pump.
• Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Our Milk Mate community is here to listen to your challenges and successes because we’ve all been there. The Australian Breastfeeding Association is also a great source of information and has a helpline you can ring.
Cleaning and care instructions
Clean your Milk Mate silicone breast pump before and after each use. Although dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing in warm soapy water and rinsing and drying thoroughly. Do not use any bleach-based cleaners or tablets to sterilise or clean your Milk Mate silicone breast pump. To sterilise, use a steam steriliser or boil in water for 2-3 minutes.
Check the condition of your Milk Mate Silicone Breast Pump regularly. Replace if your Milk Mate shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean the silicone breast pump as hard scourers may scratch the surface of the breast pump. Children can choke on small objects if left unattended. This product is not a toy. Neck lanyards can cause strangulation and should be kept out of reach of children. Do not use the silicone breast pump for anything other than its intended purpose. Store your Milk Mate silicone breast pump in a cool dry place and avoid direct sunlight.